Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Project Life 2016 | February 15-21

Today's layout was a pleasant surprise. I used the Citrus Twist February Pocket Life kit "Stories" which I wasn't sure about at first. I loved the colors, but it felt a bit bright and summer-y and I just wasn't sure how it would work for a February layout. I almost set it aside for a few months and then just decided to go for it. The colors ended up tying together the colors in many of the photographs and I'm happy to say, I'm thrilled with how the layout turned out!

Here is the full layout...


And a close-up of the left page...



Stay tuned at the end of this post, and I'll share a bit about the "silly" script piece in that card.


I would be hard pressed to choose a favorite component to this kit. Those iridescent alpha stickers from Studio Calico are gorgeous! I don't think the photos do them justice. They are silver, but look pink and blue as the light hits them. Another kit favorite is the set of puffy stickers from Pinkfresh. The colors are just Sherbert-y delicious!!! The little wood veneer banner on the FitBit card is from Color Cast Designs and added from my stash.


Here is the full right side...


And a few of my favorite cards...



The pink "this" card was from the cut-apart sheet Citrus Twist provided in the kit. I love those sheets, I can always find something useful on them!


I clustered a handful of acrylic stars to add a bit of dimension and color to this journal card. The smaller ones are from ColorCast Designs. The larger pink ones are from an older Citrus Twist kit from December. The "Memories" acrylic and wood veneer banner on this page are also from ColorCast.

Before I leave you, I'll share a quick bit about that "Silly" script piece I mentioned. The kit came with 4 script words from Heidi Swapp. I used the words "seriously" and "laugh" elsewhere on the layout, but was then left with "silliness" and "bonjour" which just weren't quite right for the cards I had left to embellish. I was thinking that I wished one just said "silly" and then realized I could do some paper surgery and make it! I noticed the middle of the "bonjour" looked like a 'y' so I cut it out, along with the 'sill' of of "silliness" and voila! I was able to make a word that worked for a card about the silly faces my niece makes. The words are cut from watercolor paper so I misted them all before adding to the layout.


Again, here's the left side of the layout where you can see all 3 words...


Thanks for stopping by, please feel free to add a comment, I love to read them!



Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Nice job, I love it!! You just inspired me to finish my album! Can I subscribe to your blog to get emails?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vanessa! You can absolutely subscribe to receive email notification. If you view the desktop version there should be a place to sign-up in the sidebar.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the details you put into your layouts each week. You are so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete