Saturday, March 19, 2016

Project Life 2016 | March 7-13

Today I am sharing my Project Life layout from last week, using the Hip Kit Club March kits. This is my 2nd layout using these kits, and I’m amazed at how different I was able to make each layout feel, while using contents of the same kit. This week I focused on the brighter colors in the kit, especially the bright pink, yellow and green, along with a bit of navy blue. It’s such a contrast to the previous week that used a lot of the paler tones in the kit.

This week also includes an insert which I’ll share in a bit, but first, here’s the overall layout without the insert…


And a close-up of the left page…


I love the exclusive journal cards provided in the Project Life kit, and utilized quite a few of them throughout the layout. My title card was created by fussy cutting the “Hello March” text from one of the cards.



I love that bright yellow triangle journal card, which was provided in the kit. Triangles definitely became a re-occurring theme in this layout.

Here’s a close-up of the right side page…


And a few of the cards from this side of the layout…



I just LOVE the Pinkfresh silver glitter words that were included in the embellishment kit. The foam under the glitter is bright pink and they are just BEAUTIFUL in person! To bring in some other silver glitter elements, I hole-punched dots from glitter washi tape I had in my stash, and placed them in clusters alongside some of the Basic Grey enamel dots that were provided in the kit.



This card features a new acrylic piece from Color Cast Designs. The color and text was perfect for this layout, as I wanted to journal the story of my daughter’s new found interest in Star Wars.

And now for the insert…

It occurred to me that in addition to Star Wars, there were a few “throwback” things that were a part of our lives this week. I chose to document these on the front side of a smaller pocket page insert- First, the series premier of Fuller House was so highly anticipated, I had to document it! Then comes Taylor’s new interest in the music of Michael Jackson… not sure where that came from??? Lastly, a TV series about the O.J. Simpson trial that I have been watching.


To document these 3 things, I trimmed down a page protector with 3”x3” pockets and assigned each “throwback” event a row. The triangles in the throwback title were cut from one of the filler cards in the kit and just stitched in place. To pick up on the triangles throughout the layout, I decided to dig out my Fuse tool and make some triangular pockets. I first filled a few with some acrylic confetti, backed with vellum.


I filled each confetti pocket with a combination of ADORABLE ampersand confetti from Colorcast Designs, and some mini triangle wood veneer from my stash. One of the pockets also has a larger ampersand from the Elle’s Studio pack that was included in the Hip Kit. I misted all the wood veneer a gray color before adding it. To the outside of each confetti pocket, I adhered an acrylic disc from ColorCast. Each one has a saying- “The Good,” “The Bad” & “The Ugly” which I thought was a fitting way to describe each of these throwback events!



I of course had to add a tab to the insert, to help it stand out from the page below. This tab is from the Pinkfresh diecut pack in the embellishment kit, I just added a bit of washi to it before stapling in place.

The back of the insert is pretty simple, just documenting a trip we took to the New York State Museum on Sunday…


And here is how the insert looks in my album…


Well... that's it for today. Below is a quick YouTube flip through video. Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Love how you used the fuse tool to make the triangles!

    ReplyDelete