Saturday, March 12, 2016

Project Life 2016 | February 8-14

Happy weekend everyone!!!!  I'm headed to a crop with my girlfriends today, but first wanted to share a recent Project Life layout. Today's layout uses pieces from the January 2016 Hip Kit Club Project Life & paper add-on kits.   I loved the pairing of the My Minds Eye “My Story” and Crate Paper “Hello Love” collections, such pretty colors!

Here's the overall spread:


And a close-up of the left page:



For my title card this week, I started by cutting a 4x6 from the gorgeous ombre paper and added a bit of teal ink splatter. The acrylic “hello” piece is from Color Cast Design’s February release.  I love the script font of this piece, and the color was perfect to help highlight the aqua and teal throughout the layout.  The “love” tag is cut from a sheet of the Crate Paper collection I had previously bought.  I just added an eyelet and twine, strip of washi and then hand stitched a bit along the bottom.  I kept it pretty simple, as I wanted to still see the ombre of the base paper. 


This "lunch" card ended up being one of my favorites this week. Not sure why. I love the little wood veneer alpha provided in the kit, but didn't love the raw woodgrain color for this spread, so I colored them with black ink. This card documents a new favorite lunch spot I discovered, highlighted with those letters to spell "lunch." On the left side of the spread you'll see I spelled out "Dinner" with the same wood veneer alpha. I like how those 2 words on opposite pages provided balance to the full layout.

Here is the full right side:



I cut this 4x6 card from the larger 12x12 paper in the paper add-on, added more teal ink splatter and hand stitched along the XOXO and arrow.  I don’t often include a full 4x6 pocket without a photo of some sort, but this ended up being a great filler card to direct attention to a family photo in the pocket to the right.


The "xoxo" tag I tucked under this photo was from a pack I found in the dollar spot at Target. I thought the we're so cute! Again, I just added a bit of washi and some hand stitching.


This colorful filler card here was cut from that busy patterned paper included in the paper add-on.  I loved the mix of colors and patterns and thought it would be great to tie all the colors in this layout together. I tried to keep it as un-interupted as possible, with just a small bit of journalling and the large "10K" using the Heidi Swapp puffy numbers. The tag card on the right was made using 2 pieces from the My Minds Eye journal card pack. I liked the "today" frame, but trimmed it to square the corners and thin the sides a bit. Tags definately seemed to be a repetitive theme this week!

And that's pretty much it for this layout. I'm off to hang with the girls. Have a great weekend everyone!


Pin It

3 comments:

  1. fantastic pages!!!! I am using the same papers for my PL ...some great ideas for layers :) Thanks again for posting :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dara Lynn! I loved working with this kit, such a beautiful color combo!

      Delete
  2. I love how you stitched the XOXO and Arrow! Makes it pop!!! Love it and can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete