Friday, March 25, 2016

Collection Challenge - Dear Lizzy Documentary

Hi all. I'm back today with my 2nd layout in the "Collection Challenge" series I'm doing with my friend Michelle. As we did before, we each created a Project Life layout using the same collection, to share with you how our 2 different styles can utilize the same product. Today's collection of choice is Dear Lizzy's Documentary.

I went back a few weeks here, to use the collection for week 1. I had skipped over this week (though not for any particular reason), so I just recently backtracked to get it done, and... I'm caught up again. Yay!

I received half of a 6x6 pad of this collection in the Citrus Twist Pocket Life kit from November 2015, so I used a few other elements from that kit as well. I set the alpha stickers that came with the kit aside because, although that are very pretty, I had 2 sets of newly purchased Thickers that were on top of my desk and I just really wanted to use them! ;)

Without further ado, here is the full layout...


And a close-up of the left page...


I loved the floral pattern in the set, and decided to use it for my title card this week. The coral in that pattern became an accent color for the full layout.


The "January" card is from Elle's Sudio. The green striped card was simple. I just cut a 3x4 piece from one of the 6x6 papers, added a stamped sentiment and small puffy heart. I love simple filler cards like that.

This card below ended up being a favorite for the week. It includes collage photo of my daughter celebrating the new year, with just a small cluster of enamel dots and more of the gold Thickers. The coral chipboard piece is from an old Studio Calico kit. The color was perfect, so I had to bring those in too.


Here's a close-up of the right side page...


And a few of my favorite cards from this side...

I used several of the journal cards included in the kit for this layout and added subtle gray ink splatter to a some. To the card of the left, as well as the 3rd card that documents my husband's 41st birthday, I punched a the "This" and "You" circles from the cut-apart sheet of the kit and layered them puffy hearts and washi.

And that's pretty much it. Before I leave you, here are the 2 Thickers that I used on this layout, in case you were interested. They are both gorgeous!


Don't forget to stop over to Michelle's blog today, to see her layout using the same Dear Lizzy collection!

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful layout! Love the colors and those Thickers are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete