Friday, March 18, 2016

Project Life 2016 | February 22-March 6

Today I'll be sharing a layout using Hip Kit Club kits from March. This layout features the paler tones in the kit. I love the color combo of pink, peach and green. Feels like Spring!

This layout has a few inserts which I'll share later. First, here is the overall layout...


And a close-up of the left page...


I love the Pinkfresh vellum alpha included in the Project Life kit. Because they are transparent, you can see the pattern of the paper below. I especially loved the way they look on the title card, where the outline of the floral pattern shows through.

And the right page...


I used several pieces of the Elle's Studio die cuts and wood veneer sprinkled throughout the layout. It's hard to see in the photos, but I added a peach colored spray ink to the wood veneer to tie them to the color scheme a bit more.



The tag on the lower right card I made by trimming and layering a few pieces from the Elle's Studio die-cut pack, and then stitching them together.

And last but certainly not least, here are the inserts for this week. The 1st is an envelope I made using that gorgeous Pinkfresh gold foil paper.


The envelope holds a poem my daughter wrote in school. It wasn't something she would want visible for everyone to read, but I like to include bits and pieces of her schoolwork, so tucking it in an envelope was the perfect way to include it. I've added a tutorial video for how to make the envelope at the end of this post.

The 2nd insert documents my typical Saturday routine. I love the Project Life format because it allows me to document all the everyday bits of life that we'll want to look back on someday.


To make this insert I just typed up my schedule and printed it on white cardstock and added some patterned paper and washi along the top and bottom. I trimmed the insert to about 5" wide, and inserted it into a trimmed 12x12 page protector. To seal up the sides I stitched a piece of the gold foil vellum down the outside cut edge, along with a bright yellow tag from the Pinkfresh die-cut pack from the embellishment kit. The "Daily Life" I added with a mini phrase stamp from my collection.


The finishing touch of this insert is the title. The "My Life" embellishment is an acrylic piece from Color Cast Design's March release. I backed the larger letters with scraps of patterned paper.


Here is how the 2 inserts look in the album...



And that's about it. I'm excited to dig in to the rest of the March Hip Kit for another layout!

Please feel free to leave a comment, I really love to hear from readers!




Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful use of the gold vellum paper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! And the vellum envelope and that acrylic phrase! Great idea to back it with patterned paper....makes it pop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you added the patterned paper to the acrylic piece! Looks AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete