Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Happy | 6x12 Layout for Project Life

This past weekend for Easter I took a photo of my daughter that I just loved. I knew immediately that I wanted to blow it up and give it extra attention in my Project Life album. Rather than just slip it in a page protector as a stand-alone photo, I decided to create this quick 6x12 layout. I'll slide it in a page protector, as an insert between the left and right pages of the week.

Here's the finished product...


To create the layout I just grabbed a piece of white textured cardstock, my March Citrus Twist Pocket Life kit, a few leftover Maggie Holmes Bloom ephemera pieces, and a strip of patterned paper, also from the Bloom collection, and a glitter wood piece from Heidi Swapp.

I started the layout by trimming my cardstock to 6x12 and adding some ink splatter in grey and gold. Along the right side of the cardstock I added a piece strip of patterned paper (folded over the edge) and stitched in place. I then added the photo, which I had printed 5"x5". Tucked under the top left and bottom right of the photo, I added a small piece of patterned paper. These were actually border/binding strips from the 6x6 papers included in the Pocket Life kit. I love that I got a use out of what could otherwise be garbage!

Along the bottom of the photo I also added a large die cut flower and heart from the ephemera pack, along with the glitter wood title "happy" which is from Heidi Swapp.


Along the top of the photo, I added another scrap border piece of patterned paper and the "Love You" die cut from the ephemera pack, stitched in place. I also added a mini pink glitter heart from the alpha sheet included in the kit.


I added a similar pairing of border strips, along with the stamped date, along the top edge of the page.


And that's it! I'm loving the 6x12 layout size, I will definately be doing more of these, to include in my Project Life albums!

I'll be back soon to share the rest of the Project Life layout that this will be tucked into.

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Really pretty layout. Lovely young lady too! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete