Sunday, April 30, 2017

Project Life | Wrapping up 2016

I think I can, I think I can... complete my 2016 Project Life album! Today's layout is one of a few I had left to complete from last year. I didn't use a kit for this one, but pulled a few things I had in my stash- the 6x6 paper pad and chipboard from Crate Paper's "Snow and Cocoa" collection, gold puffy alpha, labels and word stickers from Crate Paper/Maggie Holmes "Gather" collection and some leftover journal cards from various Citrus Twist Kits Pocket Life kits.


While the photos for this layout were holiday-themed, I wanted to go with a non-traditional color scheme. The Snow & Cocoa collection was perfect, as it had more non-traditional colors like pink and aqua. I balanced this with a lot of white, for a lighter feel.

Here is the overall layout...


And the full left page...



For the title card above, I joined a Citrus Twist Kits filler card with some patterned paper with gold stitching. There are a lot of very simple and subtle details like this in this layout. A bit of ink splatter and a date stamp, and she's done!

The card below is a filler card I shared on my #100daysofPLcards series on Instagram. Using a watercolor paper base, I applied an inked background and then just stitched on a chipboard piece (I removed some layers of chipboard to make it thin enough to stitch through). The phrase stamp is from Citrus Twist kits.


Below, another leftover Citrus Twist Kits filler card, joined with a 3x4 photo. The adorable tree is another chipboard piece from the Snow and Cocoa collection that I thinned out to stitch it.


Here is the full right side of the layout...


I like to add little details to my 4x6 photos...




The card above was another from my #100daysofPLcards series, from a few weeks ago. Super simple. I really liked the multi-color block pattern of the paper, so I just added a few word stickers to highlight the pattern, which I stitched in place.


The "Let's Go" acrylic piece is a new release from Color Cast Designs, that arrived in my mailbox just yesterday. I backed the G and O with some patterned paper scraps to add a bit if color and help tie it together with the rest of the layout. So cute!

One last thing for this week's layout- it includes a very simple 8"x8" layout of our Christmas Card. The card itself is 8" wide, so I based the layout size on that. A few pieces of patterened paper, a bit of ink splatter and a stitched chipboard element and really, that's it. Super simple.


And that's it for this layout. Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment