Saturday, April 15, 2017

Project Life 2017 | Feb 27 - March 5

Hi scrappy friends! Today I am sharing a Project Life spread and 6x12 layout featuring products from Elle's Studio. I purchased the March 2017 monthly kit, as well as a few coordinating products- vellum sentiment circles, acrylic stars and teal puffy alpha. Having a girl, I don't often use a color palette of blues and greens, but these products seemed to work well with with my photos for this week.


Let's start with the 6x12 layout...


I used a piece of ledger paper (from the Crate Paper "Poolside" collection) as the base for this layout and added a mixed media background using a packaging plastic technique, along with some basic ink splatter, in shades of blue and green. Tucked under the base of the photo I added a couple of the vellum sentiment circles, and a cluster of acrylic stars. I LOVE both of those products! So cute!


To hold the layout, I trimmed a 12x12 page protector to 6" wide and sealed the edge by stitching a piece of patterned paper (from the Maggie Holmes "Gather" collection) folded over the edge. I also added a small tab by folding a die-cut from the monthly kit and also stitching in place.


Here's the overall layout...


And the left side page...


I won't bore you with too much explanation for this layout, it's all pretty straight forward.




I used another vellum sentiment circle, stitched onto one of the monthly kit cards with an inked background and puffy alpha.


Here is the right side page...






To create the ticket pocket above, I simply cut the top chevron off of one of the filler cards from the kit, and adhered BOTH pieces to a backing card so that it allows the ticket to slide in and out. The stitching is only added for effect, and doesn't actually connect anything except the small "perfect" piece. The pocket holds hockey game and concert tickets.


I love how well those acrylic stars accent one of my concert photos!!!

Before I wrap this up, I'll share 1 last photo, of how this layout looks in the album with the 6x12 insert.


And.... That's all folks! Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous! I love the colors and your 6x12 layout! The whole thing rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing! Love it :)
    sadlonka.blogspot.cz

    ReplyDelete