Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Project Life 2017 | January 23 - February 5

Hello and happy spring!!! Today I'm sharing a layout from January, that is filled with light, spring-y colors. I used the March Pocket Life kit from Citrus Twist Kits, called "Oliver." This kit featured 6x6 papers and die-cuts from Pinkfresh's "Dream On" collection. I chose to focus on the lighter colors from these products, as well as many of the Citrus Twist exclusives.


Can I just say how much I love how the colors in the title card coordinate with the little sunrise photo I had from this week? Love it!!

Here is the overall layout...


And a closer look at the left page...



Ink splatter used throughout the layout is one of my favorites, Mister Huey's "clay." It is such a great neutral color!


Above, you will see a few puffy stickers (including my favorite puffy hearts!) which are from a CT exclusive set that was from the Main kit last month, and available in the shop. I used these throughout the layout.



I love the card above. Not for the embellishment, but for the subject matter. I am so grateful to be documenting a teenager's life during the age of social media, and to have access to photos like this. My daughter and her friends are always doing crazy things (like this facetime makeup fail). I happily steal her photos for our Project Life albums, as they really tell the story of life right now.


The yellow puffy alpha are from last month's pocket life kit. I didn't have many letters left, but enough for just a couple words on this layout.

On to the right page...



I love those puffy gold words from Crate Paper, that were included in the kit. They are easily one of my most favorite scrapbook supplies to be released in recent months. To create the card, I joined 2 of the exclusive 3x4 cards from the kit (I just tape them together on the back side with washi tape) and added some ink splatter. The journalling prompt on the card was perfect to document a weekend spent babysitting my niece and nephew.



This kit came with a few exclusive wood veneer pieces. I love how thin these are, as I'm able to stitch through them!


Also on the card above, you will see a stamped sentiment that I added directly onto my photo. I LOVE the little word stamps that come in Citrus Twist kits, and this month I found the words very useful and used many of them throughout the layout.

Below, I made a filler card clustering another of the exclusive wood veneer pieces, along with a few die-cut pieces (which I punched into smaller circles), a puffy sticker and just a bit of ink splatter. The flower was punched from the CT cut-apart sheet.



Above and below, I used die-cut pieces from Pinkfresh, stitched into place and clustered with more of the puffy heart stickers.


And that's it for this layout. Thanks for stopping by!!!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment