Sunday, May 7, 2017

A Scraplift for National Scrapbook Day (weekend)

Hi scrappy friends! I've had a busy and tiring weekend so I haven't had much time to participare in National Scrapbook Day events, but I saw an amazing layout today that inspired me so much, I had to scraplift it immediately!

Here is the original layout I was inspired by. This was done by Aimee Dow, and posted on the Citrus Twist Kits Facebook fan page...


Awesome, isn't it!?!?! I was really drawn to the stitched strips of paper, and the square grid layout. For my layout, I reduced the size to 9"x9" (I plan to use it as an insert in my PL albums, and I like those smaller than 12"x12"). I chose papers and embellishments from the Cocoa Vanilla "Endless Summer" collection to feature in this layout. I'm planning a beach vacation in July, so I don't even have photos for this layout yet, but I know I'll be able to use it in a few months. I don't normally create layouts without having photos, but seriously, I just could not wait to scraplift this one!!!

Here's my scraplift...


In the top right square, I added a tag from the Crate Paper "Oasis" collection. It matched perfectly, in both color and theme!


In the lower right square, I placed my title using an acrylic piece from Color Cast Designs paired with a stamp from Citrus Twist Kits.


Throughout the layout I've used a few woodies from the Cocoa Vanilla collection and sequins from SpiegelMom Scraps. I'll probably add a few more bits once I have the photos added, but this one is otherwise ready to go!

And that's pretty much it. I love a great scraplift, don't you!?!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment