Saturday, April 8, 2017

Project Life 2016 | December 19-25

Hi scrappy friends! Today I am sharing one of my last layouts from 2016, which covers the week of December 19 thru 25, including many holiday gatherings. I used products from the "Tis the Season" collection by Elle's Studio, including the 6x6 paper pad, journal cards, puffy stickers and die cuts. I was drawn to the "classic" Christmas colors in the collection, mixed with wood grain and pink.

I kept the details rather simple for this layout. Here is the overall layout...


And just the left side page...


I kept the title card this week SUPER simple, just adding some puffy alpha (these are from Studio Calico) overlaid with the text of the patterned paper.






To the card above, I added a strip of the same patterned word paper from the title card. I did this for a few photos throughout the layout, to help tie everything together. I love repetition!


Here is the right side page...






That's it for the overall left and right side pages. But this week also includes 2 inserts.

Here is the front of the first insert. We had a blast choosing elf names for one another, and I took photos of everyone holding their names while wearing a silly elf hat.



To one of the pockets, I added some red & green sequins, along with a few light bulb acrylic pieces from Color Cast Designs, and backed them with vellum.

To the edge, I added a tab with stamped sentiment, stitched in place.


The back side of this insert...


And here is the second insert...




And that's it. Happy Holidays! Oops... I mean, Happy Spring!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment