Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Project Life 2016 | December 12-18

Hi all! Today I am sharing one of my last layouts from 2016. I have just a few more to complete the year. I've been flipping back and forth to complete 2016 and not fall TOO far behind on 2017. I actually started this layout a few weeks ago and just completed the finishing touches this past weekend.


Today's layout uses the February Pocket Life kit from Citrus Twist Kits called "Brimley." The color pallette of this kit is TOTALLY me... I love the coral, yellow and aqua. It's not what you'd expect to see for a December layout, but most of my photos this week weren't holiday-themed, so it worked well.

Here is the overall spread...


And just the left side...


For the title card this week, I used an exclusive 4x6 card (I love this floral pattern!) as a base, and then layered with a tag I made from some scraps, a "hello" die cut from the ephemera pack in the kit, puffy alpha and a bit of stitching.





I love the exclusive leatherette stickers included in the kit, I hope to see more of these in future kits! I used several thoughout the layout.


Above, I stitched a few pieces of the Maggie Holmes ephemera onto the card, and adhered the exclusive flair badge to the top of my page protector.

I really love the puffy alpha in this kit!


On to the right side page...



I really loved all the 3x4 cards this month, and left a few of them simple with minimal embellishment. To the xoxo card above, I just added a bit of stitching and ink.




And on to the insert! This week's activities included a concert for the band Dan + Shay. I was thrilled to experience this concert from the front row, and so of course I took a ton of photos and wanted to include many of them.

Here is the front of the insert...


Below, I added some acrylic pieces from Color Cast Designs to a trimmed card from the kit, along with some ink splatter.


As I do with all my inserts, I added a small tab, which I stitched in place.


On the back of the insert, I cropped a large photo to full each of the pockets and just embellished a small area in the upper right.



Here is how the insert looks in the album...



And that wraps up this layout. Thanks for stopping by!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment