Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Project Life 2016 | May 9-15

Hi everyone!! I'm back today sharing a layout using May kits from Hip Kit Club. I purchased the Main and Embellishment kits in May, and have used pieces of both on this layout. There are so many bright, happy colors in this kit!!

First, here is the overall layout...


And the full left page...


A few details...



And the right side...


On Saturday of this week we had a huge celebration for my grandmother's 90th birthday! It was an all-day event, with so many friends and family joining us and I ended up with a TON of photos. In an effort to include more photos to document the day, I decided to make a few accordion fold photo strips.


I started with a couple of the chipboard frames from Simple Stories that were included in the embellishment kit. I then cut and folded white cardstock to make the accordian. I determined the size photo that worked with the frame and printed a handful to use, adhering them to both sides of the cardstock, and added a few typed strips of journaling.


The left accordian holds photos of all the handmade decorations we made. The right accordian holds more family photos.



I cut a slit in my page protectors and slipped the back of each accordian in before adhering to the base cards. This allows the accordions to be unfolded and viewed without removing the base card from the pocket.


Between the Main and Embellishment kits, I had so many goodies to choose from for this layout. My favorites are the exclusive puffy stickers and die cuts, along with the navy blue sequins. I used several clusters of these throughout the layout.



And that's about it for today. Thanks for stopping by!



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment