Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Project Life 2016 | June 13-24

Good morning scrappy peeps! Today I am sharing a layout from mid June, using the May "Beach Glass" Pocket Life kit from Citrus Twist Kits. The colors in this kit are very "me."

Here is the overall layout..


And just the left page...


As I tend to do frequently, I selected my favorite paper for the base of my title card. Because this one was rather busy and colordul, I decided to keep my embellishments simple. I just added puffy alpha and numbers to date the card and stitched a few circles around them.


My favorite detail of this layout is the ticket pocket I made. Between sporting events and concerts, we tend to have a lot of ticket stubs that I like to include in my Project Life albums. Which is great... but I'm always trying to create new ways to hold them. For this layout, I made a pocket out of vellum and oversized paper confetti.


To create the pocket, I simply punched circles from one of the patterned papers in the kit, sandwiched them between 2 pieces of vellum and stitched around the outside. I adhered the pocket to a 3x4 card with glue on 3 sides which creates the "pocket." And that's it! Super simple and I love it!!! And notice how the circles of the confetti mimic the circles in the title card... little things make me happy :)


Another detail from the left page...


Here is the right side page...


And a few details from the right page. First, a simple journal card with the exclusive acrylic piece from the kit...




That's about it for today... thanks for stopping by!



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment