Saturday, August 13, 2016

Project Life 2016 | May 16-22

Happy Saturday everyone!!! We're hosting a birthday party at our house later today, so before I set off to decorate it's the perfect time to share another birthday-themed layout. Today's layout is from May and documents 2 birthday celebrations for our daughter who turned 13. I used the June Pocket Pages from Citrus Twist Kits called "Capri." I love the color pallette of this kit, and all the exclusives that were included. I was over the moon excited when this kit landed on my porch!!!

Here's the overall layout...


And the left page...


My favorite embellishments in this kit were the gold dipped Pinkfresh alpha and the exclusive puffy stickers. I used both on the title card and throughout the layout. Repetition is my friend :)



I had a photo of my daughter that I wanted to highlight so I printed a larger 5"x5" version and used it on a 6"x12" layout.


Again, I used more of the alpha and puffy stickers, along with a tag from the Elle's Studio pack included in the kit. I added an eyelet and twine to the tag to give it a bit more dimension. I also splattered some gold Heidi Swapp Shine on this page, as well as throughout several cards in the layout.


I trimmed a larger page protector down to 6"x12 to hold the layout, and stitched a washi strip along the edge to seal it together. This also adds a nice pop of color and texture.

Here's how the layout looks inserted into the weekly spread...


A look at the full right side page...


My favorite puffy stickers are the chevron and hearts. I used every last one on this layout! I also added a bit of stitching here and there, for some extra dimension.



And... that's it! I'm pretty pleased with how this layout turned. I think its one of my favorites!

I'm off to prepare for yet another party now, thanks for stopping by!


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment