Friday, August 19, 2016

Project Life 2016 | July 18-24

Hi all! Today I'm sharing a Project Life spread that includes a 6x12 layout as well as a fun canvas pocket for memorabilia! For this layout I used the "Kaleidoscope" August kits from Citrus Twist Kits. The color palette in this kit was perfect to document this week that included a few outdoor summer events.

Here's a peek at those 6x12 layouts... stay tuned at the end of this post for some more details and a quick tutorial!



But before we get to the details of those, here is the overall layout...


And the full left page...


The Pocket Life kits always include a great variety of journal cards, and I used quite a few on this week's layout. 7 I think!?


The small print of the card on the left was perfect for a photo of my husband who (in his head) is a pro athlete! The little cork piece from Citrus Twist is a leftover from a previous month's kit.



The card above uses another journal card from the Pocket Life kit, layered with a some of the Amy Tangerine stickers from the kit, a bit of ink splatter and an acrylic "here & there" piece from Color Cast Designs.

Here is the right side page, which ended up being an entire collection of family photos from a wedding we attended.


Throughout the layout I've added clusters of the Amy Tangerine and Dear Lizzy puffy stickers along with puffy dots from Fancy Pants and some navy blue stitching.



How perfect is that card "Yes.I.Do." card for a photo of the bride and groom!?! Love it, paired with one of the exclusive cork pieces, some puffy stickers and ink splatter.

Using some of the journal patterned paper in the Pocket Life kit, I created a few small tags with stamped sentiments. Oh, how I LOVE those little stamp sets in each month's kit!!! I keep them all in a box at my desk and can always find a word or quote to accompany my photos.



That about wraps up the left and right side of this layout. But the highlight of this week is most definately these 6"x12" inserts! First, the front of the insert, is a more traditional layout.


I used a piece of Dear Lizzy journal paper as a base for the layout, and added a mixed media background with a plastic packaging technique. I then added an accent strip of paper along the left side margin, and a few colorful bits to back my photo, which I printed at 5"x5".


For the title of this layout I used another great acrylic piece from Color Cast Designs, with a stamped sub-title using the mini stamp set from the Citrus
Kit.


In the top right, I used a piece from the cut-apart sheet provided by Citrus Twist, and stitched it in place...


Now, for the back side of this insert...

I wanted to include the gorgeous invitation from the wedding we attended, along with some additional photos that didn't make it into the layout. To do this, I decided to make a large pocket on the back side of the 6"x12" layout.


Here's a quick tutorial of how I made the pocket...

I actually decided to recycle the canvas bag the Citrus Twist Pocket Life kit came in. These bags are always so cute! I cut the front of the bag off, and then trimmed off the top drawstring portion.


I layered the canvas over a piece of 6"x12" paper and cut it to fit the area I wanted to use for a pocket (in this case, 6"x6") being careful to align the stamped sentiment where I wanted it.


I then folded, ironed and stitched a hem along the top edge of the canvas.


I also stitched a puffy sticker in place before the final step, which was to stitch the remaining 3 sides of the canvas onto the paper.


And that's it. Pretty simple and I LOVE the finished product! (And how gorgeous is that wedding invite!?!)


That's it for today! If you've recycled the Citrus Twist canvas bags in your own projects, please post a link in the comments below... I'd love to see them!






Pin It

1 comment:

  1. I love that you used the bag that the kits come in. I have so many and never know what to do with them. Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete