Thursday, August 4, 2016

Project Life 2016 | March 28 - April 3

Hi all! I'm back after a bit of a hiatus... let's just call it "summer." Between birthdays, a vacation, camping and just the normal chaos of life I'm thrilled to find some creative catch-up time!

Today I am sharing a Project Life spread from early April. I completed this one a while back but just hadn't shared it yet. I used the April "Santorini" Main Scrapbook and Pocket Life kits from Citrus Twist Kits. I was drawn to the combo of yellow and aqua in these kits, and used that as a highlight for the spread.

Here's the overall layout...


And the full left page...


The highlight of this week was a trip to a nearby theater to see The Lion King musical. We received tickets as Christmas gift and had long awaited this day. I was drawn to the bright yellow vellum die-cut provided in the Pocket Life kit and decided to create a pocket to hold our ticket stubs. I punched a few small circles from various papers to back some of the circles of the vellum and then stitched 3 sides of it to a 3x4 journal card. Voila!


I love the final product! The paper circles give just enough color and interest but still let the tickets show through the voids.


I love the bright yellow Pinkfresh puffy alpha included in the main scrapbook kit and used them for some big titles throughout the spread. The title page uses a combo of those letters, along with a script "details" acrylic piece from Color Cast Designs.

Below, more of the yellow alpha... this time to accent a couple photos of our dog Oliver and the sad puppy dog face he gives me when I'm preparing to leave every morning. I accented the card with a few of the acrylic starts from the Pocket Life it. I just love the aqua and blue combo!!!


Sometimes, I have a simple photo that I want to draw attention to, but not overwhelm or distract from. The photo below was a perfect example. I just added a small cluster of puffy stickers from the Pocket Life kit and I think it's perfect!


Before I move on to the right side of the layout, I wanted to share a quick peek of an insert that sits between the pages. I wanted to include some of the playbill from the Lion King musical, so I just removed the cover and inner pages with the cast info I wanted to keep (the full book just seemed too thick), and inserted them into a page protector with a simple tab added to the edge.


Here's a look at the full right side page...


And a simple card, using a die cut piece from the Basic Grey ephemera pack in the main kit, and some more puffy stickers. I added some grey ink splatter on a handful of cards throughout the layout, just for a bit of interest.


Here are 2 of my favorite cards from this week. On the left, a documentation of some weight loss. The acetate ruler from the Basic Grey ephemera pack was perfect for this card. On the right, more of the yellow puffy alpha, along with the GORGEOUS aqua acrylic ampersand. That was easily my favorite piece in the Pocket Life kit and I HAD to use it!!!


One last bit to share... I love the tiny wood veneer included in the kit, but felt like the natural color of the woodgrain was washed out on this layout among all the yellow... so I colored them with a navy blue mist and it helps them pop. I added a few of these throughout the layout.


And that's it for today. Thanks for stopping by!!



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment