Monday, August 29, 2016

Project Life 2016 | May 23 - June 5

Greetings my crafty friends! Today I am sharing a layout I created for the Hip Kit Club Design Team call, using their gorgeous August Project Life kit that can be found here. I love the bright watercolor look to all the cards this month, perfect for the late spring/early summer photos I was working with!

Here is the overall spread...


And a close-up of the left page...


I picked out my favorite paper for the title card and kept the date simple to allow the pattern to shine thru. I absolutely adore the Pink Paislee mirror pieces that were included in the kit, but wasn't sure I would use all the words they provided. Then I realized I could spell "May" and "June" which was perfect for this week that overlapped into both months!


I love the journal cards from this kit... all the watercolor and colorful text make me swoon!! Some cards I kept pretty simple this week, just a bit of ink splatter and stitching.


Here is a close-up of the full right side page...


This card turned out to be a favorite...


Because I loved that rainbow title card so much, I wanted to somehow replicate it for the right side page. I created a sentiment with the mirror alpha and then decided to cluster some enamel dots and acrylic pieces around it to create bands of color similar to the watercolor card. The enamel dots were included in the Hip Kit. The acrylic stars all came from my stash. Most are from Color Cast Designs. The outline stars are adorable, right!?!? They were part of their July release.

Finally, a few more cards from the right side page. Nothing elaborate, just a little detail added to each... stitched washi stickers, mirrors, ink splatter and enamel dots.


Below, I added a few of the Pink Paislee painted wood veneer (LOVE them!!) along the bottom of a full 4x6 photo and stitched for some extra interest.


And.. that's it! Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment