Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Project Life 2016 | August 8-14

Hello all! Today I'm sharing a layout using the July Project Life kit from Hip Kit Club. I just LOVE the colors in this kit... so bright and summery! And lots of crisp white backgrounds, so they really POP!


Here's the overall layout...


And a close-up of the full left page...


I was so inspired by the colors in this kit that I wanted to replicate them on my title card. I hand-stitched the "hello" on this card in changing colors from pink to orange to yellow, to emulate the watercolor tones in the kit.


I added a black ink splatter to most of the cards this week, along with clusters of the Amy Tangerine hearts and a few Project Life chipboard pieces that were provided in the kit. I had some ink-smearing issues on this layout, so forgive the imperfect smudges here and there! :)


The 4x6 card above was an exclusive journal card from the the kit. I just added a bit of ink splatter and some Hip Kit vellum washi strips. Pretty simple, but I love the colors!



I had recently picked up some watercolor washi from Michaels and a couple of them were just perfect for this layout! The pinky-orange "Hello Sunshine" above is from that set. I layered the photo and washi on some basic white cardstock that I applied an ink background to, which helps to balance the other water color and lime green accents throughout the layout.


I traced the outline of the "summer" and "story" words in the pink filler card, to replicate the font of the chipboard piece in the bottom card. It helps the words pop a bit more.

Here is the full right side page...


Pokemon Go has been a big thing around here, so I had to document that with the card below. The 3x4 "Explore the World" card from the kit was kinda perfect, but the size wasn't... so I just mounted it to a larger 4x6, along with some ink splatter and a strip of the exclusive vellum washi for a pop of color.


We hosted a 1st birthday party for my cousin on Saturday of this week so the rest of the layout side is photos from that event.


Again, more of that Michaels washi on the card above. And how cute is my little cousin, Ashlyn!?!


The wood veneer disc on the card above is from Color Cast Designs.


This layout also includes an insert of "photo booth" pics from the party. I made a handful of Mickey and Minnie props for the party and oh, what fun we all had with them! We ended up with so many great pictures, I wanted to include them ALL, so I trimmed down a Design V page protector to hold lots of extra 3x4 photos.



The insert also includes a fun little confetti pocket. I cut word strips from one of the journal cards in the kit, added some white and gold confetti (from the Target dollar bins around Christmas time), another wood veneer from Color Cast Designs, and a few acrylic Mickey heads (not sure where those originally came from). I sealed the pocket closed with my Fuse tool. I also stitched a paper tab along the edge.


And finally, here is how the insert looks in the album...


That's about it for today. Thanks for stopping by!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment