Sunday, February 12, 2017

Project Life 2017 | Week 1

Hi everyone! I'm thrilled to be sharing my first layout from my 2017 album! Not to say I'm done with 2016 because I'm still catching up on the last couple months, but I shifted gears for a bit and started 2017. Yay!!!

For this layout I used the September PL kit and paper add-on from Hip Kit Club. A repetitive theme for this layout was lots of gold thread stitching and lots of fussy cutting. So without further ado, here we go...

Here is the full layout...


And just the left side...


The Hip Kit I was using included a pack of large wood veneer numbers from Dear Lizzy, which was perfect to announce the start of a new year. I used some gold acrylic paint (called "Pure Gold" from Folk Art) to paint the numbers gold. This really helps tie them together with the puffy gold alpha letters used elsewhere in the layout.


To up the gold factor even more, I used gold thread for stitching throughout the layout, including on a couple leaves of the title card. Fussy cutting an extra dimensional leaf added some interest. I love how the stitching turned out... so pretty and delicate!



Throughout the layout I used a bunch of die cuts from Simple Stories, which were included in the kit. They were a great compliment to the Maggie Holmes "Gather" papers and exclusive cards in the kit.


The card above was a 3x4 card from the kit. I fussy cut some small flowers from one of the Maggie Holmes papers to add along the top and bottom edges, and added a die-cut and gold stitching.



The "Hello New Year" card above started with my favorite 3x4 card from the kit. I love the repetitive Hello in the varying colors. To add a bit more interest, I stitched over one Hello, and used the gold puffy alpha letters to add the "New Year." I LOVE how this turned out!


Above, I used one of the 4x6 cards as a base, with a few strips of paper layered and tucked under the photos to add some color. I fussy cut the "The Sweetest Things" sentiment from one from one of the exclusive cards in the kit, and added a cluster of a chipboard heart and enamel dots.


I like to add just a bit to my full 4x6 photos.

Moving on to the right side page...




There's a lot going on in the card above, so let me break it down. The base is created with 2 3x4 pieces put together. The wood grain on the left was a kit exclusive. The floral on the right is just cut from one of the Maggie Holmes papers. On that, I added my photos. I fussy cut the "Currently" from one of the exclusive kit cards, and then added the pencil die-cut from the Simple Stories pack, with a line of gold stitching. Finally, I added some gold puffy letters to for the rest of the title.



Just a simple little cluster on the card above, with a gold foil die-cut, chipboard heart, ink splatter and some enamel dots.



Above, I created a simple filler card. Using a strategically cut piece of the Simple Stories patterned paper as a base, I added some gold ink spltter and gold stitching along some of the radial lines in the pattern. At the center of the sunburst design, I added a circle sentiment, which I punched from one of the 3x4 cards in the kit.


The stitching is delicate but adds just enough interest to an otherwise plain card.

Finally, the last photo in this layout... a photo of my husband and I, which I embellished with some more fussy cut flowers, stitching and gold puffy alpha.



Lastly, I have a quick video flip-thru for this layout, and I talk about a few design principles that I use. You can check that out here...




Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment