Friday, February 17, 2017

Project Life 2016 | Oct 24-Nov 6

Hi all! I'm backtracking again today, finishing up another layout from 2016. For this layout I used the January PL kit from Hip Kit Club, along with a few bits and pieces from the Main and Embellishment kits.

At first glance, this January kit had a lot of pink and floral and butterflies going on. While that may not scream "Halloween" for many (any) of you, it actually worked great for my photos from this week. Our daughter dressed as a "social butterfly" for Halloween... so I happily ran with the butterfly theme! :)


The highlight of this layout is by far the insert, so let's start there! The unique thing about this layout... the base is actually a clear piece of acetate!


Here is the overall layout (with a white background behind it, for clarity)


To create this layout, I started with an 8.5x11 piece of acetate. To the left edge, I added a strip of washi, stitched it in place, and punched holes so I could add it directly to my album without a page protector. This layout is very "dimensional" so this was a great way to keep everything from being flattened in a page protector.


To the center of page, I added a piece of patterned paper (I LOVE this watercolor/script paper from Pink Paislee) that I also stitched in place. I should mention, for all my stitching this week, I used a gorgeous copper/rose gold thread. It's so pretty! On this paper I simple added my photo and the title, using the Studio Calico puffy alpha stickers.

Scattered around the layout I wanted to add lots of butterflies. Using the rub-ons from 1 Canoe 2, I added a few butterflies directly to my acetate background. To make some more dimensional, I rubbed a few onto some scrap acetate, fussy cut them out, added a crease down the middle and stitched them to the background.


The layout is very light and airy, which really works well with the butterflies (but is definately a challenge to photograph!)

Here is how the finished layout looks in the album...


And, now for the remaining layout....


And just the left side...


For the title card, I used that bold floral patterned paper and added lots of copper stitching. I also added another dimensional acetate butterfly, and a simple stamped sentiment.


Below, I used a 3x4 filler card from the PL kit and again, just adding a bit of stitching and stamped sentiment. A simple little addition to a really cute card.



This week included a couple hockey games that we attended. To hold ticket stubs from the games, I created a simple pocket. Using a card from the PL kit, I trimmed off the top at a diagonal (following the stripes), layered it over another filler card, and just stitched around 3 sides to create the pocket. A sticker and stamped sentiment, along with some journalling, add just a bit more interest.


I really love those Studio Calico puffy alpha!

Here's the right side page...



The card below is probably my favorite for the week. Using a piece of the Hip Kit Club exclusive pink floral paper as a base, I added a 3x4 photo to the left side. This photo is really just a screenshot from my daughter's phone. I often find a series of ridiculous photos like this, and I think it's nice to include these kind of "real life" things in my Project Life album. Alongside the photo, I just layered some more of the 1 Canoe 2 stickers and a bit of stitching.


To help tie everything together, I added 1 last acetate butterfly to the filler card below, along with a sticker banner and some stitching.


Finally, 1 last close-up from this week. Yet again, a cluster of stickers and some stitching, along with some puffy letters.


And that's it for this week. Thanks for stopping by!







Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment