Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Project Life 2016 | September 5-11

Hi folks! I'm back today with another layout from my productive weekend of catch-up scrapping. Today's layout is from early September of last year. I hate falling this far behind, but on the plus side... I have a plethora of kits and products to choose from so that has been fun to go "shopping" in my own backlog of kits!!! :)

For this layout, I chose to use the November "Emerson" pocket life kit from Citrus Twist Kits. The colors worked well with my photos for the week... lots of bright orange and blue. The exclusive papers in this kit were so fun!

This week's layout also included a 6x12 layout insert. I just LOVE 6x12 layouts... so let's just start with that, shall we?

Here is how the layout looks in the album...


And the 6x12 layout itself...


I started the layout with a piece of 6x12 white textured cardstock. Using a recycled plastic technique, I added some ink to the background, layered with some additional ink splatter and droplets.

Next I added a few strips of paper down the left side, and stitched them in place...


Under the photo I added my title, compromised of puffy alpha from the kit and an acrylic piece from Color Cast Designs. Below that, a cluster of wood veneer, paper and vellum hearts that are stitched in place. These heart clusters became a repetitive design element you'll see used in the overall layout as well.


Here is the overall 2-page spread...


And just the left page...


The kit included a pack of die-cut from Jillibean Soup. I used quite a few throughout the layout, including a cluster of hearts on the title page...


I added a few handcut vellum hearts layered on the die cuts and stitched them in place.

I had a few extra photos that I didn't want to eliminate from the layout so I added a flip-up pocket in the upper right...




The kit included a good variety of pieces to embellish my layout. I love the various textures between die-cuts, wood veneer and puffy alpha.

Here is the full right side...


To balance the title card on the left side, I added another card of layered and stitched hearts here...


I loved the "Tell Your Story" card included in the kit and wanted to keep that simple. I just added a few mini puffy hearts and some ink splatter...




And that's about it for today. Thanks for stopping by!





Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment