Monday, February 20, 2017

Project Life 2017 | January 9-15

Hello scrappy friends! Yesterday I spent some time playing with the newly arrived February Project Life kit from Hip Kit Club. Such gorgeous goodies in this kit, and so many new products from the CHA releases... I couldn't wait to dig in!


I'm still flipping back and forth between the last few weeks of 2016 and the start of 2017, just going where inspiration takes me. Yesterday, inspiration took me to Week 2 of this year! :)

Here is the overall layout...


And just the left side page...


One of the reasons I love the Project Life format is that is allows (encourages?) me to document the everyday things that are a part of our lives. This week, I took the opportunity to document what we are watching and listening to.

First, the TV show "This is Us." If you aren't watching this show, find it, and WATCH!!!! It gives me all the feels.


I printed an ad for the show as a 3x4 photo and mounted it on a 4x6, using the right side of the patterned paper for a bit of journaling and embellishment. I added a strip of washi from my stash down the middle, and ink splatter, then layered some stickers and stitching. The "can't get enough" wood veneer piece is from Color Cast Designs.

I also documented the music my daughter and I have been listening to, which is the soundtrack to the musical "Hamilton." Seriously, we both have this on repeat all.day.long.


Again, just a simple cluster of stickers from the kit, and another wood veneer piece from Color Cast. To accompany the Hamilton album cover, I created a 3x4 filler card with some inspirational lyrics from the show. Using a piece of watercolor paper as a base, I added a light ink background using spray ink and a plastic packaging technique. I lightly sketched the letters in pencil first and then once I was happy with the layout, traced over them in navy blue ink.



Both of the cards above started with exclusive cards provided in the kit. The colorful card on the left was my favorite this month, so I chose to leave most of the pattern visible and just added a bit of embellishment at the bottom. On the right, I stitched along the printed hearts to give them a bit more interest, and then layered a cluster of puffy hearts as well.


The card below started with a piece of patterned paper from the Chasing Dreams collection. I really liked the words typed on some of the pink strips, so I carefully placed my photo in an area where key phrases and words were visible. I added some ink splatter, a sticker, stitching and another cluster of puffy hearts.


Here is the full right side, which is completely filled with photos taken before and after our daughter's school musical, The Lion King. It was a big event in her life, and fully warranted a lot of exposure.


And a few details from this side. Lots of (intentionally) repetitive details here... word and phrase stickers, heart clusters and stitching.

As you have seen, I used a LOT of the Maggie Holmes word/phrase stickers. The collection is called "Chasing Dreams" and the words and phrases go along with that theme, which was great for my photos this week. To go along with these, I typed a few of my own journalling phrases and words, and printed them on cream cardstock.




The card on the left in below photo started as a 3x4 exclusive from the kit. It had a large white rectangle on it, likely intended as a place for journalling. Instead, I cut a small square photo and placed it on this white space to mimic a Polaroid type frame. A washi strip and a few stickers, along with the sentiment on the craft itself, are just enough detail to add interest and color.


One final thing before we wrap up this layout. I had a few photo booth strips and some memorabilia from the play and cast party that I wanted to include. To hold them, I created this 6x8 pocket.


I simply layered patterned paper and stitched around 3 sides to create the pocket. The camera piece was cut from another piece of the patterned paper, and also stitched in place. The thread I used here, and throughout the layout, is a lovely copper. It coordinates well with the rose gold stickers from the Pink Paislee sticker pack. I added a couple puffy hearts to the camera lens because... why not!? I'm a sucker for puffy hearts! The tab along the edge is a sticker from the Pink Paislee set.


And that about does it. Thanks for stopping by!







Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment