Sunday, February 5, 2017

Project Life 2016 | Sept 19 - Oct 2

Hi scrappy peeps! Today I'm sharing a layout from late September into early October. In an effort to catch up, I combined two weeks into a single spread. I'm going with the flow here, and making my own rules!

For this layout I used the December "Kinsley" Pocket Life kit from Citrus Twist Kits. The kit included a set of exclusives papers and cards, some of which had a paint splatter effect, which was PERFECT to document a layout that included photos from a Color Me Rad race! For those that don't know, it's a 5K race where you start wearing white clothes and end up being COVERED in color by the time you cross the finish line. This was the 3rd time I've run this race- it's so fun!!!

Here's the overall layout...


And the full left side...


For the title card, I really wanted to highlight that exclusive ink splatter card. I used the vellum "LIFE" letters included in the kit for part of my title, and handstitched the "RAD" part. I looked up a definition of rad in the Urban Dictionary and printed that to add to the title card as well. It was cute and seemed fitting. It's subtle, but I also added some stitching to the top edge of the definition strip.



I love to combine a 3x4 photo with a 3x4 journal or filler card for a 4x6 pocket. Its a break from the repetition. Below, I've combined a beautiful pic of my daughter and her friend (oh, how they love those Snapchat filters), with a filler card from the kit. Down the seam between the 2 pieces, I added a narrow strip of pink & gold washi, layered with a die cut that I stitched in place, and just a bit of ink splatter. I think this is my favorite card of the week...


This week also included the day I turned 40 (eek!). That journal card that reads "Big Event (Life Altering)" was included in the kit and couldn't have been more perfect!


Many of the pockets on this left side document a weekend trip I made with my girlfriends to CKC (Creating Keepsakes Events). We normally attend the Manchester, NH location but due to a few conflicts, we attended the Hartford, CT this year instead. We all found it to be pretty quiet with far less vendors and classes, but we still enjoyed ourselves. The girls surprised me with a yummy cake for my birthday. The card below shows how excited I was to have chocolate cake with my evening cocktail! ;)


I used several of the Project Life brand die cuts throughout the layout, including the flowers and "Friday" tag on the card above. I stitched all the die cuts in place using a bright lemony yellow thread. It's hard to see in the photos, but it was fun to use a thred color other than white! I've also added a few of the exclusive blue word stickers here and there. The sayings on these were great this week!


I just had to document the Presidential debates of 2016. What a train wreck that was!!!

Here's the full right side. Most of the right side documents the Color Me Rad race.




I added some Sn@p alpha stickers from my stash, to add more of the limey-yellow accent color.



I love this "Details" 4x6 card from the kit. Perfect for a collection of smaller photos I wanted to include. Again, more stitched die-cut flowers, to balance the left side, and another great word sticker.

One last thing before I wrap up this layout. I included our race bibs from the race. They don't absorb the same as clothing, but it's fun to see the color remnants on them. I love to include memorabilia like this in my album! I just tucked them in a smaller 6x8 page protector. That I trimmed down just a bit. Here's how they look in the album...


And that's it. Thanks for stopping by!






Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment