Thursday, September 1, 2011

December Daily 2010- intro

So I decided sometime last October that I wanted to create my first “December Daily” album. I spent an afternoon reading DD blog posts on Ali Edward’s site and browsed all sorts of Googled images and finally decided to just jump right in. I liked the concept of a mini album that gave me a little more artistic freedom beyond my normal double-page 12x12 spreads... and the freedom to create pages without page protectors! There’s just something about the tactility of a mini album that really appeals to me. So at this point it was October and I thought, “I can do this!” and “How cool will it be to have DD albums out on the coffee table year after year… to compare our lives over the years and see how our traditions have changed and how they’ve stayed the same.” It’s fair to say I was very excited about this project. Looking back at other people’s past DDs (including Ali Edward’s) many were a collection of different shaped and sized pages. Ali’s plans for 2011 was to use a “template” so to speak. Although I liked her intended format for 2011, I decided that I wanted to try the more random approach. I still wanted my album to have a cohesive feel though, so I decided to stick to a color scheme- black, grey, ivory and glittery red. Other years I’ll try something different, but that was my plan for this album. I only spent about $20 at Michael’s for some supplies (printed acetate, thick glittery red chipboard and a few embellishments) and then I rummaged through my supplies at home and threw anything that might work in a drawer together. I spent a few days creating my cover and all my base pages (a combination of printed acetate, glittery red chipboard, extra-thick cardstock in grey or ivory, some page protectors and a few paper-covered chipboard pages) and then set it aside until December.

p.s. Of course, as I write this its early September 2011… so yeah, I took a few months off. I kept up with slapping some pages together for the first couple weeks but then as our schedules got hectic, I set it aside until recently. I did maintain taking photos every day in December, I just didn’t have time to have them printed really. But that’s the nice part about having all the base pages pre-done and all my supplies gathered in one place. Even many months later it was still super easy and fun to complete!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment