Thursday, September 1, 2011

December Daily 2010- Cover





I decided I wanted a shaped album but I couldn’t find anything in stores that was quite right… so I decided to make it. I grabbed some scrap chipboard packaging and sketched out the shape I wanted using a piece of die-cut paper (see Day 10) as a guide. I free-handed the top and bottom lines, using a ruler to keep it symmetrical. I set the size based on the fact that I wanted to use some 2-high 4x6 page protectors. So the overall size was just slightly larger than 6”wide x 8” high. I made sure that the page protectors wouldn’t stick out at the rounded corners of my shaped cover. Once I had the shape, I traced it on a 2nd piece of scrap chipboard packaging so I had a front and back cover. I then painted both sides of each with black acrylic paint. Once they were dry, I used black & ivory polka dot paper (from Paper Pizzaz) to cover the front of the cover. I punched holes in each and added oversized grommets and binder rings. I added the date with some glittery red Thickers and a sticker that reads “happy Holidays.”
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment