Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Project Life 2013- Week 2

Project Life 2013- Week 2

This week is a pretty simple one. No inserts. As is my typical approach, I found a paper collection (from my supply of 6x6 pads) that tied together all the colors in my photographs for the week. I still approach each week of Project Life as a form of scrapbooking- I like there to be an overall coordinated color scheme. This particular week I had some purples and pinks I needed to tie together, but I really didn’t want them to be overwhelming colors. This collection “On Trend” from Crate Paper was perfect. I pulled bits and pieces from my stash to round it out and it came together pretty well (I think).

Here is the overall spread:


And a closer view of the left page:


The left side really focuses on 2 events of the week. First, my husband’s birthday. We went to P.F. Changs for dinner so I included a photo of him there, plus our individual fortunes. Below that, a photo of him from our house, blowing out the candles of his cake.


The other big “event” here is just a general sense of my daughter maturing. She voluntarily had put away a beloved stuffed animal she has slept with every day of her life since she was born. It was a momentous occasion I wanted to be sure to document. I snapped a pic of “Bunny” on a shelf in her closet and added text via Photoshop. I love that the Project Life format allows me to document all these little “everyday” things we’ll want to look back on some day. For the journaling card, I just started with a Becky Higgins grid card, added a strip of washi, some letter stickers from Authentique (LOVE this size!), and stapled on a wood veneer arrow from Freckled Fawn. I then thought it needed a bit more color and I really wanted to bring in a bit of the royal purple to the layout so I stitched a line using some purple thread. I don’t have a sewing machine so I just do this by hand. Only takes a few minutes.

The right side:


Nothing spectacular here, just lots of everyday kind of happenings.

Products:
Paper from the “On Trend” collection by Crate Paper, stickers from “Everyday Eclectic” and “Today’s Story” from Echo Park, wood veneer from Freckled Fawn, journal cards from the “Clementine” and “Seafoam” Becky Higgins kits, alpha stickers from Cosmo Cricket and LilyBee and some misc. washi.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment