Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Project Life 2017 | Feb 20 - 26

Hello scrappy friends! Today I am sharing the details of a layout from this past winter, as I continue to play catch up (I'm not alone, right?!).


For this layout I used the June "Boardwalk" Pocket Life kit from Citrus Twist Kits. I also used some sequins from Spiegel Mom Scraps on a few cards, which I created as part of a challenge I tackled as the July Guest Designer on their blog. For this post, I'll share ALL the details, so enjoy!

Here is the overall layout...


And just the left side page...


The title card is the 1st in the series I created for my Spiegel Mom Scraps guest design post. We were challenged to scraplift the amazing Missy Whidden. In lieu of a direct scrapflit, I chose to draw inspiration from a design technique Missy often uses- a bold title, stitched in place, over a mixed media background. I created MY mixed media background with some Prima watercolors, and then hand cut some alpha letters out of the patterned paper from the kit, which I stitched in place. I further embellished the title with SMS sequins, and some small die-cut flowers.



A few more details from the left side...


I loved this calendar piece from the exclusive die cuts included in this kit. I added some subtle stitching to secure it to the woodgrain paper, tucked a small die-cut flower under, and added a stamp.


Another Missy-inspired bold title card, at a smaller scale. This time, paired with a 3x4 photo, and a filler card from the kit. (How perfect was this "good at naps" card for our always-napping dog!?!)



Here is the overall right side page...


And some details, including more of the bold title/mixed media cards...



Finally, 1 last card, which is a bit of a tweak on the Missy-inspired title cards. Here, I used an acrylic piece from Color Cast Designs which I backed with patterned paper. I love the spark of interest this card adds to the remaining title cards spread through this layout!



And that's it for this week. Thanks for stopping by!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment